USA. USA. USA. Winnnnnner! Carli Lloyd is my hero. I had to come up with the perfect dinner combo that meshed with rooting for the USWNT's win tonight. Vegetarian quesadilla it was. And it was freaking awesome. Instead of meat, I used sweet potatoes and black beans. Deets below. #Ibelievethatwedidwin
-1/2 sweet potato
-1/4 Jalapeno diced
-1/4 Red onion diced
-1/4 Red pepper diced
-1/4 Tomato diced
-1 Tbs Olive Oil
-1 tsp paprika
-1 tsp cayenne pepper
-2 Tbs black beans
-Salt (to taste)
-Pepper (to taste)
-2 tortillas (I use Wrap-itz---they are gluten free spinach tortillas 90 calories)
-1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
-1/4 Avocado diced
-Cilantro for topping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Dice 1/2 sweet potato.
3. Mix spices and olive oil with sweet potato in bowl.
4. Spray baking sheet, and evenly spread sweet potato pieces on sheet.
5. Bake potato pieces for 30 minutes and set aside.
6. Dice the rest of the veggies.
7. Layer sweet potatoes, veggies, black beans and cheese between tortillas.
8. Grill for 2 minutes----disclaimer----I am a child and only use a George Forman grill. If you are a real grown-up and have an adult, outside grill....that grilling time may be a little different :).
9. Top with avocado and cilantro.
10. Enjoy with a Summer Shandy and USA win!
I AM A 30-SOMETHING, FOOD-LOVING, FITNESS-OBSESSED, DIY-ING, WORK-A-HOLIC, DOGGY-MOMMY AND WIFEY.....THAT DECIDED TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH YOU. WELCOME AND ENJOY!