I definitely ride the struggle bus to breakfast town. How nerdy was that sentence? For reals....I hate dealing with breakfast. On the weekends it is no problem. But when I wake up to teach classes as early as 4:45 AM.....this girl ain't trying to make an omelet. I think that early it would make me ill. So.....today I played around with some of my fave ingredients and came up with a protein-packed oatmeal cookie....perfect for breakfast on the go. Now...cookie they might be....but don't go expecting an oreo when you take a bite. Tasty yes....oreo...no.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup blueberries
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs honey
1/2 cup cashew meal
1/8 tsp flax seed
1/8 tsp hemp seed
1 tsp chia seed
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oats, baking powder, cashew meal, flax, hemp and chia seed in large bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix blueberries, egg, vanilla and honey in small bowl.
4. Slowly add the blueberry mix to the large bowl.
5. Add peanut butter.
6. Spray cooking sheet and spoon out 9 cookies (about 1 Tbs of dough) evenly on the pan.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
I AM A 30-SOMETHING, FOOD-LOVING, FITNESS-OBSESSED, DIY-ING, WORK-A-HOLIC, DOGGY-MOMMY AND WIFEY.....THAT DECIDED TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH YOU. WELCOME AND ENJOY!