Get excited. I'm BAAAACk. New year, new me, new site. Holler. So...first post, here we go. I have never been one to believe much in dieting.....a cleanse here or there no biggie....but I just don't love diets...or honestly even the word "diet". It gives me anxiety. Plus I am a FIRM believer in everything in moderation. It's the key to life. No matter how many celery sticks you eat, that cookie you have been eyeing all day is probably going to accidentally end up in your mouth at some point. We are human. We crave. We like good food. That being said, I have been eating a few things lately that are both totally #myjam and healthy. I love Mexican food and I love cheese. So I have concocted loaded...but healthy nachos. Here's the sitch:
1 sweet potato
1/4 ish cup of black beans (I don't really measure...just do some scoops, sprinkles and shakes here and there)
1/8 cup ish of corn
1/8 ish cup of cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice sweet potato super thin (A. It makes the chips more crispy and B. It makes more --> you eat slower --> you feel full )
3. Lay sweet potatoes on a baking sheet (Spray with non-stick first)
4. Drizzle olive oil on potatoes, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika (up to you how spicy you want them)
5. Pop in oven for 20 minutes (depending on how crispy you want your chips)
6. Chop veggies and warm up black beans in microwave.
7. Once chips are done, spread on a plate and load em' up!
8. Pig out the healthy way!
I AM A 30-SOMETHING, FOOD-LOVING, FITNESS-OBSESSED, DIY-ING, WORK-A-HOLIC, MOMMY, DOGGY MOMMY & AND WIFEY.....THAT DECIDED TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH YOU. WELCOME AND ENJOY!